Having a prominent address sign for your home and property is critical to helping us find you in an emergency. We highly recommend that all of our citizens follow the Fire Safe Standards of the Sonoma County Department of Emergency Services as they relate to proper addressing for their residence.
We can't help you if we can't find you!
In an effort to simplify the process of obtaining an appropriate address sign, the Russian River Firefighter's Association has made Fire Safe Standard compliant address signs available for $15.00. In some cases such as long driveways more than one sign may be necessary.
If you need assistance or advice regarding the location or how to install your sign(s), please Contact Us.Address Sign Order Form
Make Your Own Sign
You may also follow the Fire Safe Standards and make your own sign (from the Sonoma County Fire Safe Standards):
- Size of letters, numbers and symbols for addresses
- All letters, numbers and symbols designating a residential building address shall be a minimum four inch (4") letter height, three-eighths inch (3/8") stroke, reflective, contrasting with the background color of the sign.
- All letters, numbers and symbols designating a commercial building address shall be a minimum six inch (6") letter height, half-inch (½″) stroke, reflective, contrasting with the background color of the sign.
Installation, location and visibility of addresses
- All buildings shall have a permanently posted address, which shall be placed on building and shall be plainly visible and legible from the road on which the address is located or the primary driveway. The numbers shall contrast with their background.
- All buildings shall have a permanently posted address, which shall be placed at each driveway entrance and shall be visible and legible from both directions of travel along the road on which the address is located.
- Exception: An approved internally lighted building address device may be used when such building address device is located on the building and the building is located within thirty feet (30') of the edge of the road on which the address is located.
- All address signs along one-way roads shall be visible from both the intended direction of travel and the opposite direction.
- Where multiple addresses are required at a single driveway, such addresses shall be mounted on a single approved post.
- Where a road provides access solely to a commercial building, the address sign shall be placed at the nearest road intersection providing access to the site.